To provide strong management and technical experience to players and coaches through the Aspire Football Academy program. The Football development officer should follow the Aspire football Academy philosophy, which should complement the National Curriculum as set out by the FFA. The role not only requires the attention to the elite programme but also to the surrounding football community. The Football development officer will be responsible for the growth of Aspire Football Academy Community Engagement in the region.
The successful candidate should hold an UEFA ‘B’ License as a minimum requirement.
• To ensure that the FFA National Curriculum Philosophy is embraced and followed by coaches and players within Aspire Football Academy.
• To play a key role in the appointment and management of coaches/programs from u/4’s to u/12’s age group.
• Liaise with Director to ensure consistent program and philosophy is being delivered towards Aspire Football Academy.
• Create 6 week cycles and training sessions for all ACADEMY teams for coaches to implement
• Develop and implement Player Evaluation and Feedback Forms with Director • Provide regular communication with Football Department.
• Assist the Academy in establishing a talent identification network within the Local community and provide positive player progressive pathways.
• Establish and monitor talented player programs for players aged 4-12 years
• Establish and maintain strong professional relationships and communication with all coaches, Director, Academy committee, including other clubs, associations, schools, Football Queensland and FFA.
• Regularly monitor coaches training and game day activities
• In conjunction with the Football Department; conduct mid-year and post season coach reviews .
• Regularly liaise with Director and administration, concerning players, coaches, grounds, equipment use, schools and community associations.
• Arrange and host a preseason information night Academy parents, which will lay out the entire season’s activities, outlining the program’s expectations to all clients.
• Arrange and conduct player/parent assessments with coaches, fulfilling all administrative responsibilities concerning assessments
• Conduct and assist the running of trials, selection process and community team finalizations for the following season with support from the Director
• Providing monthly feedback reports to the Director on all matters concerning the program
• Annual holidays football clinic; manager the annual football clinic (the 2019 calendar TBA)
• Monthly meetings / updates to Director
• Deliver the Schools of football Strategy to ensure the KPI’s outlined in this Job Description are met.
UEFA B license or equivalent
• Knowledge, understanding and experience working in the area of talented player/coach development, As well as school environment knowledge.
• Experience in the establishment and ongoing management of coach/player development programs and school programs/provision.
• High level communication skills, particularly presentation skills
• Ability to work with staff/coaches
• Ability to provide leadership and direction
• Mediation of any parent / player / coaching issues and disputes
• Graduate degree; Sports Management, Sports Administration is desirable
• Blue Card “Working with Minors” • First Aid Certificate preferable
Approved sponsor: Aspire FA Pty Ltd.